Water Office, Kansas (KWO) >
Kansas Water Office--Project: Upper Neosho River Streambank Stabilization
Recent Submissions to Kansas Water Office--Project: Upper Neosho River Streambank Stabilization
The Kansas Water Office has received funding from the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act (ARRA) and the state's Reservoir Beneficial use Fund to address sedimentation in the Neosho River basin. An 8.3-mile reach of the Neosho River has been identified as a high priority area for streambank stabilization to reduce sedimentation. Restoration of the riparian buffer adjacent to the stream is also a goal of this project.
In October 2009, the KWO issued an Invitation for Bid (IFB) for the construction of the Neosho Streambank Stabilization projects. The IFB closed on November 30, 2009. Eleven bid proposals were received and all were deemed responsible bidders. Included in this collection are the construction drawings and specifications for each of the 12 project sites.
The webpage for the project is: http://www.kwo.org/projects_programs/ARRA_Neosho.htm
- Preconstruction monitoring for Neosho Madtom (Noturum placidus) Population and Habitat
- [Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) Ground-based Technology: Photographs and Images]
- Nonpoint Source Project Management Plan: Stream and Riparian Restoration in the Upper Neosho River Basin
- Site 25, Neosho River, Lyon County, Kansas NE 1/4 Section 30, T19S, R13E: Upper Neosho River Streambank Stabilization Project
- Site 20, Neosho River, Lyon County, Kansas NW 1/4 Section 24, T19S, R12E: Upper Neosho River Streambank Stabilization Project